The world's most popular youth class boat.
The upgraded 4.7 Race XD uses the same hull and sails as the Laser 4.7 Race but adds high performance features such as a composite mast and other upgraded components.
Recognized as a competitive youth class boat around the globe, the 4.7 is a great entry level racer for younger and lighter sailors entering into the Laser world. Often the next step after the Bug, Optimist or Pico, the 4.7 features the same hull as the Laser and Laser Radial, but a smaller sail plan to make it more manageable. The Laser 4.7 comes standard as the Laser 4.7 Race version.
Easy to rig and fast. The laser's hull is made out of glass reinforced plastic, letting it cut efficiently through the water. The deck has a foam layer for strength and buoyancy. Removable daggerboard makes for easy storage and transport.
- Fiberglass hull
- XD Boom Vang/Kicker system
- Fiberglass foils
- Aluminum Lower Spar and Composite Upper Spar
- XD Cunningham/Outhaul kit
- XD carbon tiller and carbon tiller extension
- 6mm anti-twist dinghy mainsheet from FSE Robline
- Class legal sail
- Padded toe strap
- 57mm ratchet block w/ Mega spring
- Upgraded Line kit
- 5mm SK90 dyneema traveler
- Mega bolt for increased rudder to rudder head integrity
- 3mm dyneema dinghy control rudder downhaul
- Transport: Cartoppable
- Capacity: 1 - 2 People
- Race Level: Club - International
- Length: 13.81FT/4.21M
- Beam: 4.49FT/1.37M
- Draft: 2.62FT/0.8M
- Sail Area: 50.59FT2/4.7M2
- Skill Level: Beginner - Expert
LaserPerformance, Laser XD 4.7 w/Composite Upper Mast
- Brand: Laser Performance
- Product Code: LAS-BT00056