The world's most popular adult racing class boat.
The upgraded Race XD uses the same hull and sails as the Laser Race but adds high performance features such as a composite mast and other upgraded components.
True to box one-design standards, each Laser in the world is identical ensuring the best sailor on the water wins the race, not the boat. The Laser is a challenging boat that rewards athleticism, subtle steering and trimming techniques, as well as the tactical excellence of the sailor. The Laser is raced by young and old alike from the Club level all the way to the Olympics. The Laser comes standard as a race version.
Easy to rig and fast. The laser's hull is made out of glass reinforced plastic, letting it cut efficiently through the water. The deck has a foam layer for strength and buoyancy. Removable daggerboard makes for easy storage and transport.
- Fiberglass hull
- XD Boom Vang/Kicker system
- Fiberglass foils
- Aluminum Lower Spar and Composite Upper Spar
- XD Cunningham/Outhaul kit
- XD carbon tiller and carbon tiller extension
- 6mm anti-twist dinghy mainsheet from FSE Robline
- Class legal sail
- Padded toe strap
- 57mm ratchet block w/ Mega spring
- Line kit
- 5mm SK90 dyneema traveler
- Mega bolt for increased rudder to rudder head integrity
- 3mm dyneema dinghy control rudder downhaul
- Transport: Cartoppable
- Capacity: 1 - 2 People
- Race Level: Club - International
- Length: 13.81FT/4.21M
- Beam: 4.49FT/1.37M
- Draft: 2.62FT/0.8M
- Sail Area: 75.99FT2/7.06M2
- Skill Level: Beginner - Expert
LaserPerformance, Laser XD Standard w/Composite Upper Mast
- Brand: Laser Performance
- Product Code: LAS-BT00058